Is your home well overdue for redecoration? It can seem like a time consuming project, but, giving your house a well deserved revamp has more benefits than you might think. Keep reading to find out all the reasons why you should start thinking about giving your home a renovation.
Reasons Why You Should Transform Your Home
There are a multitude of reasons as to why a home renovation can be advantageous.
Space & Efficiency
When you give your home a revamp, you get the chance to move things around, get new cupboards or storage and change the dynamic of the house. You may end up finding ways to make your home more efficient, or give yourself more space!
If you have a family, or you have multiple people in your house, then creating a more spacious layout may be beneficial. Alternatively, you may want to fill big empty spaces up with more furniture and storage.
The expense of a renovation can seem daunting, but it’s important to think of it as an investment. Having an updated interior space is sure to increase your home’s value over time.
Particular spaces in your home, such as:
- Home offices
- Outdoor spaces
Will give you a great return on investment if you do decide to renovate them.
In line with investment, if you do end up wanting to sell your home in the future, or have planned to sell from the get go, a modern and updated interior will appeal far more to buyers. Combined with the higher value of your house, you will definitely be making a great return on your makeover investment.
Style & Aesthetic
It may also come down to your own preferences. It might be time to go for a new style, especially if your current style is feeling a little outdated. And, you can use this opportunity to add more elements of your own taste, get more unique furniture or experiment with different textures and colours.
This is a great opportunity to breathe some life back into your home and restore its character.
Benefits Of Interior Upgrades
These are some of the key benefits you will experience when you carry out interior upgrades:
- Money Saving - Going for a high quality renovation will save you from repeatedly replacing things, painting and buying new furniture. So, in the long run, you are saving yourself money by investing in a high quality redecoration.
- Reducing Bills - If you are making changes to some appliances and the heating systems in your home, opting for more energy efficient products can help you to reduce your bills.
- Improving Your Quality Of Life - If your home was lacking in certain aspects, feeling too empty or feeling too crowded, then a renovation could help make your home a more enjoyable place to be. You want to be able to wind down and feel comfortable when you’re at home, and a makeover can do just that.
- Property Value - As mentioned already, increasing your property’s value is another great benefit of conducting a renovation. If you do ever decide to sell your home, having updated furniture, flooring and appliances will definitely be beneficial.
Things To Consider When Changing Your Interior
There are plenty of rooms in your house that might need a little makeover. Start by working out what each room needs and planning your redecorating project, as this will help make the tasks seem less overwhelming. We have broken down a few ways you could alter each room to inspire you with some ideas.
If you’re trying to build a more high-end kitchen, these tips could help:
- Try going for a more open layout that lets in a lot of natural light, as this can really open up the room
- Larger pantries make a great space to hide clutter, give you more storage and maximise on the function of your kitchen
- Hide things like your bin and recycling within the cabinet doors for a more high-end look
- Try going for a neutral colour with your kitchen, and adding pops of colour with accessories to make it more interesting
Seeing as your bathroom is a place you want to feel clean, these tips will help you create a fresh and modern bathroom style:
- Pick a colour scheme, typically bathroom colours are blue, green or neutral shades but you can include whichever colours suit your tastes
- Plants and greenery are always a good addition to any room, and with natural light and steam in the bathroom, particular plants should thrive
- Update your accessories, like your shower curtain, towels and bath mat to give the room a new feel
Your living space should be the ultimate chill space to sit after a hard day:
- To maximise on comfort, try more interesting sofa shapes, like corner sofas, to really make your living room somewhere you can relax
- Have a good focal point, something that centres and ties the room together
- Plants make a great addition to any space, but their green colour and calming energy could really work in your living space, and if you’ve got a lot of natural light coming in
- Arrange your furniture for conversation rather than to focus on your TV, it will make your home feel more inviting and personal
There are so many ways to uplift your bedroom:
- From your bed frame to your storage, there are many ways to uplift the look of your bedroom
- Sliding wardrobe doors are very popular, they open up the space of a room and make it appear bigger, especially a room with lots of natural light
- Try using subtle colours and think about your lighting. You can experiment with lots of different lamps, candles and lights to make it feel cosier
- You want your bedroom to reflect your personal style, so trust your gut on this one!
Services To Consider
These are a few things to think about when it comes to actually doing your renovations and investing a lot of money into your redecoration.
Investing in a luxury sofa will definitely save you money in the long run. Instead of replacing your sofa every so often, you will have a quality piece of furniture that you can keep for ages. So, investing in a high quality sofa is definitely worthwhile.
Bespoke Kitchen Fittings
Getting bespoke kitchen fittings is actually a really good idea if your kitchen is a slightly awkward shape, or you want to really tailor the kitchen to your needs. You can make it extremely functional and add features that will definitely help the house sell in the future.
Typically, if the carpet is more than 20 years old, it’s probably due a replacement. If you do intend on selling your home, the last thing a buyer wants is a stained or dirty carpet. So, replacing them during your renovation process is a good idea and will add to the new feel of your home.
A renovation is the perfect time to maximise on new storage solutions. For each room, you can create bespoke storage designs to fit your home and improve functionality.
Additionally, having better storage will leave your home feeling far less cluttered and add to the clean, refreshed look of your newly refurbished house.
Here at Interiors Outlet, we supply an extensive range of furniture. From bedding and coffee tables to kids furniture and sustainable carpets, we have it all. We offer bespoke and branded furniture items that are sure to make beautiful additions to your home. We are dedicated to providing high quality products to meet your exact specifications and cater to your needs to the best of our ability.
If you’re currently renovating, or in need of new pieces for your house, have a look at our range here on our website! Alternatively, you can give us a call on 0161 747 4447 and speak to one of the team today! We will be happy to help you find the furniture you need so you can bring your dream home to life.